Terms & Conditions
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE MAKING A RESERVATION
The owner accepts reservations for Rookery Nook ("the Cottage") on the following conditions:
- Please be aware that you are entering into a legally binding contract.
- The contract is between "The Hirer" (the person who pays/Party Leader) and "The Owners".
- The term "Cottage" refers to the property known as Rookery Nook, which is attached to The Owners residence Magpie Lodge.
- By paying the deposit The Hirer is accepting the terms and conditions here displayed.
- The Contract will be subject to British law and jurisdiction.
- The owner hereby notifies you that the sole purpose of the letting is for holiday accommodation and that by virtue of section 9 part 1 of the Housing Act 1988 this is not an assured tenancy and that possession may be recovered under Ground 3 in Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988
- You agree to be bound by the following specific obligations:
a) No Smoking: There is a strict no smoking policy at the Cottage.
b) Pets are only allowed with the prior agreement of the Owner
c) You shall not exceed the maximum number of people permitted (2) to stay at the Cottage
d) You shall not share the Cottage with anyone not nominated on the booking form;
e) You shall not sublet the Cottage or assign the booking to anyone else.
- If you don't comply with the above conditions (in clause 3 above), then the holiday contract will be cancelled immediately and you will forthwith vacate the Cottage and no refund or compensation will be payable to you.
- A booking confirms upon the Hirer the right quietly to use and enjoy the property for the agreed period. The Hirer undertakes to keep the property and all furniture, fittings, decorations and effects in or on the property in the same state of repair and condition as the same are in at the commencement of the letting and shall replace or pay for any damage or breakages with articles of at least equal value. (see clause 9 below)
- BOOKING FEE/SECURITY DEPOSIT:
A payment of £120 is payable to confirm your reservation and will secure your dates. It will also act as your security deposit. This is reimbursed to you within 10 days of your departure date. (see items 9 & 10 below)
- PAYMENT OF RENTAL FEE:
The full rental fee is payable 6 weeks (42 days) before commencement of the holiday. For bookings made 6 weeks or less weeks before arrival the total amount is payable on booking plus the returnable booking fee/security deposit. If payment is not received by the due date then the owner shall be entitled to cancel the booking and you will forfeit to the owner the booking fee.
- PAYMENT METHODS:
Our preferred method of payment is by BANK TRANSFER (BACS) You may also pay by PayPal however any transaction fees we incur will be deducted from the security deposit (we advise using “Family & Friends” to send the payment). We do not accept payment in cash on arrival.
If you need to cancel your booking The Hirer must contact The Owners soon as possible in writing/email. The booking deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. However, we will make every effort to relet the Cottage once formal cancellation has been received. If the Cottage is relet at the same price the balance will be refunded to you. If we are only able to relet at a reduced price the reduced balance will be refunded. If we are unable to relet, the full balance will remain payable by The Hirer. The Hirer is strongly advised to take out their own holiday cancellation insurance.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: (see item 6 above)
The Hirer is responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition. It is accepted that accidents do occur and that there may be small breakages during the course of your stay. However, if there are large or unreasonable breakages or damage to the property or its contents the cost of these will need to be met by the holiday maker prior to departure. The Hirer does need to report any breakage immediately so replacements can be made. The hirer further undertakes to pay for any damage or losses incurred during occupation or any extra cleaning costs incurred. Any deductions would include breakages, damage, excess cleaning, loss of property and postage of any items left at the property. In the unlikely event that deductions are necessary, a full breakdown will be sent to you. We return the security deposit by BACS transfer so please ensure you bring with you your bank details so you can complete the form that will be supplied to your on arrival. Alternatively you can supply your bank details to us in advance (Sort code & account number)
- HEATING & SERVICES:
The charge for the Cottage includes all services (water, electricity, linen). In the winter months it includes central heating.
- ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE DAYS & TIMES:
All lettings start from 3.30pm on the day of arrival and end at 10am on the day of departure, unless otherwise advised.
- On receipt of final payment we will send you details concerning keys and access, usually by email or text.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the control of the Owner, the cottage becomes unavailable for hire prior to the commencement of the holiday period, the Owner has the right to cancel the contract. In such circumstances a) The Owner shall refund in full to The Hirer any monies paid; AND b) The Hirer shall have no further claim for monies or compensation against the Owner.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer or any member of their party or visitors for any accident, loss or damage to such persons or their property howsoever caused.
- No more than the stated number of persons may occupy a property except by special prior arrangement with the owner.
- COMMENTS/COMPLAINTS: In the unlikely event that something should not be to your satisfaction please contact the Owner at the earliest opportunity so they can endeavour to put matters right immediately. Every reasonable care will be taken to make sure that you have an enjoyable holiday. Should you find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, you should immediately make this known to the Owner so that it can be put right. The Owner will not normally make any refunds in respect of complaints made after your departure from the Cottage if you did not make the complaint or the problem known to them during the holiday.
- PETS: Pets are welcome and are accepted by prior arrangement. Please refer to the Dog & Pet Policy fully described on our website. Pets are not allowed on any of the furniture. Pets are not to be left alone in the property or the gardens at any time. Pet owners must clear up all dog mess in the garden.
- The Hirer shall permit the Owner reasonable access to the Cottage during the holiday period to : a) to attend to any matter of complaint; b) to attend to any repair or other maintenance; c) to mow the lawn/tend the garden/water containers.
- Right to Evict: We reserve the right to evict you (without compensation being payable to you) if this is deemed necessary by us; for example, should complaints be made of anti social behaviour or unreasonable breakages or damage occurs or smoking restrictions are not observed or the Cottage is being otherwise misused or there is a material breach by you of the Terms & Conditions herewith.
- The Owner reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions at any time.